Culture Essays: What Are They?
Usually, you might receive culture essay assignments if you're majoring in Arts. Also, it sometimes can be your topic of choice if you’re interested in self-awareness or in exploring factors that influence interpersonal and international relations and communication.
Such types of academic writing typically include some of the following points:
- Origins of culture
- Cultural influence on personal, group, or national level
- Cultural peculiarities
- Interaction of different cultures, etc.
In order to compose a good one, you need to have some background knowledge on the subject. Some research also needs to be done as you’ll need to back up your thesis with some credible and informative sources. Several topics related to some of these points are provided below.
Culture Essay: Topics
These helpful topics for your culture essay are focused on general concepts and basics of culture analysis:
- Is the world’s literary fund humanity's greatest treasure?
- How do musicians stand out in today’s world?
- Love as a socio-cultural phenomenon.
- Can popular culture affect a society’s level of intelligence?
- Lyrics of modern songs as a heritage for future generations.
- How have our thoughts on evolution changed in the last 100 years?
- Comparison of cultural value between classical and modern arts. (Consult: art essay examples.)
Below you can find different ideas on various topics related to this subject matter. You are more than welcome to use any of these topics for free. They should be of great help, especially if you still haven’t been assigned a specific topic for your piece.
What Is a Culture Shock: Essay Topics
If you need to write a what is a culture shock essay, you could talk about famous first contacts between different civilizations or argue about ways of coexistence. Here are several suggestions:
- History behind the Culture Shock concept.
- How ancient Greeks viewed other cultures.
- Coexistence of different religious groups: From religious wars to multicultural society.
- Outcomes of the first contacts between Europeans and Mesoamerican civilizations.
- How Europeans viewed the Far Eastern cultures in 18th – 19th centuries.
- Outcomes of Europeans’ discovery of Buddhism.
- Role of globalization in cultural interaction.
These are just a few ideas you can use in your writing. We suggest browsing our comparison and contrast essay examples before writing this kind of task. Feel free to contact us if you need further help with academic writing.
How Is Behavior Influenced by Culture: Essay Topics
Need some topic suggestions for ‘how is behavior influenced by culture’ essay? Here are several ones, taking positive and negative cases of cultural influence:
- Do social media make young people depressed more often?
- Does American culture impact the way we view the world?
- Empathy in classic culture/popular culture. (Look at our essays on empathy.)
- What role does marketing play in modern culture?
- Effects of video games on younger generations.
- Factors influencing moral standards in a society.
- How the invention of printing press changed European civilization.
How Does Culture Bring Us Together: Essay Topics
Several suggestions for ‘how does culture bring us together’ essay. These topics talk about identity as well as unification trends:
- Unifying the role of technology in the intercultural dialogue.
- What makes music the means of intercultural interaction.
- How do sporting events bring people together for a common cause?
- Computer gamer communities as a cultural phenomenon.
- Multicultural society of the Ancient Mediterranean.
- Did ideas of Renaissance thinkers promote cultural unification?
- The identity problem in the post-industrial era.
Culture Essay Examples
Still need help with your culture essay? If you’ve already picked a great topic, then probably all that is left to jump-start your creative process is getting a good working example. We advise browsing ethics essay example at StudyBounty. We’ve got some real students’ works available in this section, written about culture-related subjects. You are welcome to check them out and examine their structure in detail, as well as their writing styles and logical connections between their different parts. Then you can reuse some of this knowledge in your own original paper. This will help secure your success and get rid of writer’s block if you have any.