A Biology Essay: What You Should Know
When one speaks about a biology essay, one assumes a written work that is devoted to this subject and its particular areas. Essays are sometimes written as homework, containing the results of literature study and personal views on certain theses. Thus, such works improve the ability to express thoughts, increase creativity and develop some qualities of pupils.
However, biological essays online are academic texts that are written as part of a more global study, such as a dissertation or a term paper much more often. Such texts should have a clear structure, verified information, and qualitative conclusions, but topic choice is wide enough and possibility of free material presentation is preserved.
Biology Essay Topics
There are thousands of biology essay topics we can offer to you. They focus on different fields of knowledge, from basic topics about living organisms and evolution to gene structure and recent advances in biology. Furthermore, we provide a few general biology topics that will be interesting and relevant:
- Ancestors of modern humanity: sea creatures.
- Concept of "tree of life" in interspecies relations.
- Natural selection in modern fauna.
- Dinosaurs and their distinctive features.
- The detrimental effects of human actions on biodiversity.
- Built-in immune system protection against viruses and infections.
- How stress affects immune function.
Below we will give more specific topics from biology field, which will be useful in more advanced learning stages. However, above topics can also be used for profound study by highlighting their scientific aspects. Make time and browse more than one essay about chemistry. It is closely related to biology.
Interesting Essay Topics for Biology Bases of Behavior
It is quite easy to find an interesting essay topic for biology bases of behavior, as it is a broad research field that studies various species’ behavior. Promising topics in this field are:
- How family principles affect a child's behavior.
- Biological preconditions for bad habits emergence.
- How IQ and EQ scores affect human behavior.
- Male mammals behavior during mating.
- Character traits that animals and humans have in common.
- How behavioral attitudes affect gender.
- Manifestations of depressive disorders in human behavior.
Sometimes a theme can be found simply by observing humans’ or other creatures' behavior in their natural environment. This section is closer to psychology (look at examples of psychology essays) but is very popular in biology.
Sustainability in Biology: Essay Topics
At the moment, sustainability in biology essay topic is a popular field primarily due to human activities. If you are thinking about realizing work in this field, these topics will help you:
- How globalization affects marine and natural resources.
- Nature-safe sustainable development practices.
- Conservation of endangered species populations in a resilient environment.
- Panda extinction: methods to prevent a disaster.
- How industrial fishing affects seas and oceans.
- Useful bacteria in recycling issues.
- Aspects of bird migration in a changing climate.
Thanks to topics listed above, you can work at intersection of science essays, because biology is related to ecology here. It also doesn't hurt to do your own research, at least a basic one, so that an essay will be revealing. Our microbiology essays should come in handy too.
Biology Extended Essay: Topic Ideas
If you are confident in the subject, then biology extended essay topic ideas are the right thing that you need. You can dive into a particular topic and consider its narrow aspects thanks to them. The following topics will help you to do this:
- Genetic predisposition to sexual orientation.
- The phenomenon of twin mental bonding: historical research findings.
- Methods and means of defeating incurable diseases of the past.
- Artificial photosynthesis: myths and risks.
- The complexities of the process of finding a cure for old age.
- Changes in blood composition after a transfusion.
- Biological advances in fighting eating disorders. (As an example, take an eating disorder essay at StudyBounty.)
It is important to prepare the thesis statement, write and prove the arguments, as well as make a competent conclusion at such an essay level. That's why it doesn't hurt to consult experienced colleagues who will advise you on the best way to write your essay.
A Biology Essay Example
Finding some topic to write a paper on is only the first step, biology essay examples will come in handy for the following steps. The support material is a real sample paper written by an experienced student, so you will get a great opportunity to use the methods of information presentation, the evidence base, and of course, familiarize yourself with the correct structure.
Our website contains sample papers on all biological topics, the list of which is regularly updated. All samples are available at any time, you don't even need to register to get inspiration and some fresh ideas to write your own essay.