The Study of Writing: Everything You Need to Know
If this is the first time you’ve been tasked with an essay on writing studies, here are the key points for consideration:
- Prove that you’re well-versed in the related academic area
- Demonstrate your writing skills
- Avoid plagiarism.
Typically an essay serves as a concluding assignment of a course you’ve attended. Therefore, you should base it upon facts and concepts you’ve learned from this course. At the same time, your piece must have a logical structure and your conclusions must be backed by solid evidence or detailed explanations.
To better illustrate all of the above we'll take a closer look at each type and examine its requirements in detail.
Rhetoric & Composition Essays – What Are They?
What makes a good rhetoric essay and what are the essay composition rules in this case? Let’s find out together!
The purpose of works in the rhetoric and composition field is to show how well you are familiar with persuasion and word usage skills. Sometimes these two subsets are mixed together but there is a significant difference between them. A rhetoric essay should be persuasive, i.e. you must show your ability in making your audience accept your point of view. In a composition essay, your goal is to showcase your vocabulary and how you’ve mastered a certain style. Of course, in both cases, your text should be well-structured, well-readable, and logical. It is where our examples of rhetorical analysis may come in handy.
Study of Writing: Essay Examples
We’ve got several helpful essay examples for those who are struggling with their writing studies assignments. All of these examples are available for free. You can use them as inspiration when writing your own original essays. E.g. you can reuse their style or structure in your own writing.
In order to make it more convenient for our readers, we have divided these examples into two main categories: rhetoric and composition. Pick the one you need and feel free to browse through these text samples and select the one which matches your topic or your assignment best.
Rhetoric Essay Examples
Here you can find rhetoric essay examples. Pay attention to how its thesis is formulated: clearly indicating what the article will talk about and making a claim to be supported in the main part.
You should also inspect how arguments are constructed and what rhetoric figures are used for persuading readers to accept the author’s claim. When using this experience in your own writing, you can copy the structure and the style so that your arguments would be no less persuasive.
Scroll up to see the samples in rhetoric. It is available for free as well as all other materials here.
Composition Essay Examples
These examples of composition essays will be useful for those who have trouble structuring their narrative in a proper way. Feel free to check our samples out. We advise that you pay close attention to their structure and particularly to logical connections between main parts. Also, you would want to evaluate how accurate and clear descriptions are in these papers and how well they depict the main topic.
Go up and you will find our samples. All examples are available for free as well as all other materials here.
Writing Studies: Topics
Let’s talk about topics you can choose for or receive in your writing studies assignment. Here are several interesting examples:
- My career choice(s).
- My favorite place for studies.
- A notable historical person from our town/state.
- The farewell address of a president.
- Heroism in modern literature. (Look at hero essay examples.)
- Significance of a writer/philosopher/civil rights activist.
- Living a good life outside of big cities.
Below are a few more topic suggestions broken into more specific categories.
Writing Studies: Topics for Technical Writing and Communication
Technical writing and communication topics typically revolve around communication technologies, modern hi-tech, software tips & tricks, etc. Besides, they might talk about modern problems and questions of international and interpersonal communication. Here are some examples for you:
- Role of the Internet in modern culture/politics.
- Main barriers to efficient communication.
- The rise of cable systems worldwide.
- Right and wrong approaches to intercultural conversations.
- The impact of social media on the youth.
- Cyberbullying as a real threat. (Browse our cyberbullying essay examples.)
- Freedom of speech vs safety on the Internet.
Writing Studies Topics: Ancient Professional Writers
As we discover more and more about Antiquity, ancient professional writers get more and more information to write about. Such topics can be related to a variety of areas, from history to culture to technology, as one can draw many parallels with the modern world. Examples:
- Law and order in Ancient Rome. (Consult: essay law examples.)
- Gender roles and relations in Rome.
- Role of religion in Ancient Greece.
- Athens vs Sparta.
- The outcomes of the battle at Thermopylae.
- The outcomes of the Punic Wars.
- Reasons why the Roman Republic fell.
Writing Studies Topics: Business Writing
Business writing is one of the most popular niches for senior students, especially for those who are considering a career path in the private sector. While doing your research you can get better prepared for challenges and solutions of entrepreneurship. Below are some topic ideas:
- Key role of marketing.
- Why is it essential to know your customer?
- Equality in the modern business world.
- Online businesses are the future of our economy.
- Good leadership is crucial for a company's prosperity.
- Collaboration as a solution to any business problem.
- Why do you as a leader have to motivate your team?