English Essay Writing in Detail
When talking about English essay writing, it is worth mentioning that it often implies a lot of work. These essays can be devoted to a literature review, they can contain rhetorical constructions or express a student's opinion on a particular issue. The main purpose is to show a student’s ability to use the English language and build creative constructions that convince readers to accept a certain point of view.
Thus, topics may vary, and often it is up to you to decide on a subject matter you are most interested in. There is also no limit to a paper’s word count. Your essay can contain one page or a dozen. But your main task is to fully express an opinion and create a finished work.
English Essay Format
There is no standard English essay format. It often differs depending on your school. That’s why we highly recommend asking your professor for instructions. There are several paper formats you can apply. These include APA, MLA, and Chicago. Most likely your teacher will require you to use the Modern Language Association. This format is widely used in linguistics. You can browse our linguistics essay to see how this format is applied. It is worth consulting with your instructor if such a format is suitable.
English Essay Examples: Best Free Samples
English essays may seem limitless because our list of possible topics is extremely wide. You can find English essay examples on almost any theme, be it society, history, family relations, team interaction, and many other topics. We have prepared for you the widest selection of essay samples on the subject that will allow you to write a quality and profound paper. So whether you need philosophy essay examples or other samples, you can surely count on our platform.
All essay examples are posted on our website completely free of charge, so you can choose and view absolutely any text. This is a good opportunity to get inspired and develop a creative work that will help you express your thoughts and convey them to your audience.
English Essay Topics
The large selection of writing ideas creates an uneasy choice because there are thousands of English essay topics. For those who are just beginning their authoring journey and have not worked with this format before, formulating and choosing a topic is a challenge.
An English essay should be relevant, problem-solving, and interesting, which is why we have prepared short lists of a variety of topics for good papers below. This information is absolutely free and does not require registration, regardless of your educational level. Choose any topic you like and browse our rhetorical analysis essay example pdf. Or use our custom essay writing service for professional assistance.
English Essay Topics for High School Students
When choosing English essay topics for high-school students, it is necessary to consider that these may be profound topics that require substantive preparation. High school provides a lot of knowledge and an opportunity to realize students' creativity. We have put together some promising topics that are perfect for this purpose. Get some ideas below:
- Higher education is not necessary for everyone.
- Impact of philanthropic bloggers on community relationships.
- Subjective perspective on the causes of violence in youth collectives.
- Equality of educational attainment for students of different incomes.
- Can remote learning replace face-to-face classes?
- Role of school in nurturing personal qualities.
- Why don't «A» students always succeed?
These are quite relevant topics that will allow students to show their attitudes toward certain situations and objects. Moreover, such topics will help you consider recent trends in youth.
College English Essay Topics
Creative essays are also common in the next stage of education after high school, which is a college. College English essay topics are not very different from those for high school, but they usually contain more profound analysis. We suggest these topics for individual study:
- Problems of social and intellectual development in the COVID-19 era.
- Positive and negative effects of regular marijuana use.
- Racial prejudice in today's higher education system.
- Why do some people succeed without having a decent educational background?
- Impact of dating sites on young people's self-esteem.
- Rules of communication between students and teachers on social media. (Consult: essay on communication.)
- Studying abroad: Is it worth going to another country?
Since college students are expected to have a decent knowledge base, they are required to thoroughly consider possible topics. You can choose one of the themes presented above, or come up with your own. Your main task is to make decent arguments and draw valid conclusions.
English Argumentative Essay Topics
Since learning the art of language also involves mastering rhetoric, i.e. the art of persuasion, English argumentative essay topics are best suited for practice. We have created a selection of topics that will demonstrate your rhetorical skills. Here are some ideas for inspiration:
- «Smart» cars: progress that makes human life easier.
- Ineffectiveness of environmental constraints in the face of the threat of global warming. (Read our essay about global warming.)
- Does society need nationalism: Prerequisites of ethnic struggle for freedom.
- Affordable housing is inaccessible to the average citizen.
- The Arab Spring: A new turn in the development of Islamic society.
- Euthanasia is everyone's right.
- The U.S. needs migrants to preserve society.
No matter what topic you choose, the most important thing is to find a strong argument and form a personal opinion. However, it is worth consulting teachers and mentors, because they can open up new perspectives on an issue you are studying.