What Is a Hills Like White Elephants Essay
We always start these articles with a definition of essay on Hills Like White Elephants. All students know that such papers use literary analysis. It means that a student needs to understand the story's basic theme. They also should use quotations and evidence from our story itself. It's not enough to simply summarize a novel or a book to understand its meaning.
In this case, there are several themes involved. We would argue that this story judges male superiority and the necessity of women to deal with pregnancy independently. We also think that our author condemns male antagonists and society. Additionally, don't forget that your word count will depend on topic and style of one's paper. It can be one page or even 10.
Hills Like White Elephants Essay Examples That Affects Essay Writing
Here you will find an essential Hills Like White Elephants character analysis essay. But a small complication may arise. There are quite a few different assignments learners can choose from, especially if your professor didn't specify. For example, learners can write an argumentative essay. It will deal largely with your point of view. Of course, many students will be asked to write a literary analysis essay. As we mentioned before, it will involve a thorough story analysis. But here are several things you should do no matter what your assignment might be:
- Read this story.
- Learn more about Hemingway and his time.
- Put yourself in places of characters and try to think of how you would behave.
- Analyze how our author perceives society.
- Complete your critical analysis essay by judging the main characters and symbolism.
Overall, there are no limits as to your opinion. If learners can prove their point using evidence, no one can say it's incorrect.
Hills Like White Elephants Symbolism Essay
Symbolism in Hills Like White Elephants essay will deal mainly with elements we see in the story. Once again, there is no correct or incorrect answer here. But we continue to see different elements pop up.
They may symbolize the baby that was about to be born in the story.
We think that drinks symbolize hope for the woman. After all, Jig still hoped that she could have her baby and be accepted without the abortion.
True to the story's name, mountains symbolize happiness the couple lost and will never get back.
This one is hard to judge. We believe that a bead curtain symbolizes barriers between men and women. It might separate the woman's world from a better one.
Everything is open up for your interpretation, especially when it comes to symbolism paper.
Hills Like White Elephants Essay Outline
We also wanted to offer you an analysis of the outline and some elements, including Hills Like White Elephants thesis. So find it below:
- According to you, offer the most memorable quotation from the story and fitting to the topic.
- Tell that Ernest Hemingway wrote the story and when.
- Argue that lying should never be the easiest option when solving a conflict.
- Talk about symbolism in the story and what it means for Jig.
- Discuss whether a woman should decide what to do with her child. Does she need to consult the father?
- Evaluate standards for women in society.
- Remind readers that freedom is not everything a person desires.
- Summarize the main points regarding symbolism and abortion.
- Remind readers that they should never be haunted by past and regrets.
Hint: Do not know how to write a thesis statement? Try our free thesis statement generator.
How to Write a Hills Like White Elephants Essay
We have a final point regarding this Hills Like White Elephants essay in pdf. Check out the step-by-step guide and finally start writing.
- Look up examples. They will help you to get the basic vibe. Besides, understanding structure and language is easier with examples.
- Pick a topic. A good title makes a big difference. So choose wisely and settle on Hills Like White Elephants essay topics that you will personally like.
- Outline and research. Of course, you should read the book. But reading literature from critics is also a good addition to your outline.
- Write. Forget everything else, sit down, and start writing. It is easier than it sounds.
- Proofread and edit. We know it's hard to edit your own words. But it will help you to get a much better result in the end. So what are you waiting for exactly?