What Is a LGBT Essay
Let’s start with a definition of essay on LGBT. This term refers to a community of individuals who are not binary. They identify as either gay or lesbian. A lot of things determine their sexual orientation. For example, the way they dress, their gender role, and their bodies' physical appearance.
This topic is becoming more popular than ever among college students. While the modern LGBT movement grew from its beginnings in the late 1960s, LGBT rights advocates have been fighting for equality for centuries. They have had many different methods over the years to protest. But same-sex marriage has been legalized recently.
Essays on this topic could be on personal or controversial subjects like Stonewall Inn Riots. This movement advocates for equal rights for all. It stands for equality regardless of your identity as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, or not. To create an essay on this issue, start with thorough research.
LGBT Essay Examples
If you need to write an LGBT reflection essay, we’ve got just these examples! It is an extremely broad topic. Homosexuality is demonized in many countries. To be able to respect anyone, you must first understand their existence. This topic has attracted many students to write informative essays. They have given the audience data they can use to make their conclusions.
Some LGBT argumentative essays recount different stories of youth who tried suicide after being bullied by peers. They were eventually adopted out of state by family members and completed school there. Discuss any discrimination experienced by these individuals. Analyze and list their strategies for dealing with this situation in your paper. The public should be aware that such a community can suffer from numerous prejudices.
How to Write a LGBT Essay
Before you start, try out different LGBT writing prompts. See how you like this topic or if you like it at all. Consider that LGBTQ people face the same civil rights battles as black women and vice versa. This group is not arguing about their right to vote like other communities. Instead, lawmakers attempted to make voting illegal in this group. Fun Home's author claims that gay violence is not rooted in a person's sexuality but in gender roles. This can be an excellent topic for your essay.
But how does one write a short essay on LGBT in English?
- Choose your topic. Remember that it’s recommended to pick several options. Narrow them down to just one, then. Choose something that is both interesting to you and your audience. Is your preferred topic controversial? Awesome! Does it have lots of evidence and arguments that should be presented? Even better!
- Do your research. It is an obvious and very important step. Go through documents and documentaries and conduct interviews if possible. Find everything that can make your paper stand out. And don’t forget to cite your sources properly!
- Create an outline. This can help you in the long run by organizing your thoughts about the paper right now. Here you can include your examples and sources.
- Write your paper! Do thorough research. Your structure should be logical and coherent. So, you’ll have no problem with your writing process. Just edit the whole work after you’re done.
LGBT Essay Topics to Get Good Grades in College
Start your paper by finding some great LGBT topics for essay. Remember that while good titles for LGBT essays can be serious and grand, you still can have fun working with them.
For example, you can write about how this community interacts with each other. Or how homosexual and lesbian college students are treated by schools. Analyze how the peers react. Discuss the role of homophobic music in hip-hop. You can check out any music essay in our library. Talk about its impact on the attitude towards this LGBT community. You could even discuss how military personnel accepts gays and lesbians and where this might be helpful.
And take a look at these LGBT essay titles we chose for you:
- Gay marriage: Legalization of same-sex marriages in the USA.
- Challenges homosexuals face and their solutions.
- Legal consciousness and homosexuality.
- Social determinants of mental illness in homosexual community.
- Contributions of gay liberation front to homosexual society.
- Peculiarities of LGBT tourism.
- Intersectionality on an example of black homosexual stand-up performers.
- Problem of suicide among homosexual youth.
- Beneficial effects of media on the homosexual community and its equality movement.
- Position and impact of religion on sex minority's rights.
LGBT Argumentative Essay Topics
There are many argumentative essay topics about LGBT to choose from when writing a paper on this movement. People are attracted by the topic's broad social implications. This issue is well-known among sociologists, with many citing this community as an example. Similar argumentative essays can be used to explore both the benefits and disadvantages of same-sex married life. It is currently prohibited in most countries. It could also be used to examine the reasons for support and opposition.
Present your arguments using examples and citations in your assignment's central part. You should also divide the text according to narrative logic. Moreover, you should develop an outline for your argumentative essay topic. It should flow from an introduction to a conclusion.
And don't forget to check out this short list of topics:
- Same-sex education should be included in school curriculum.
- Why we should stand up for gay Americans.
- The fight for the equality of homosexual prisoners.
- An argument against the discrimination of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community.
- A study of the homosexual concentration camps in Chechnya.